On August 26th each year, furkids around the world are celebrated by their pawrents. But it’s not only a time for those lucky furbabes who have homes to be even more cherished than they already are: International Dog Day represents a bigger goal: for us to help make all dogs’ lives happy, healthy and secure every other day of the year. Because without our canine besties, life would be really boring, don’t you think?
What can you do to celebrate all things doggo?
Here’s a few options for you:
- How about helping out your local rescue? There are so many local and national organisations, run by wonderful volunteers, who rely on people like us to support them with food, toys, and blankets. But if you aren’t able to donate items, why not make a donation? And the best part? Your money will be used for all those essentials like vet bills, transport to foster homes, food, shelter…the list is endless. The bottom line is that your support will make all the difference in helping dogs who need us.
- Maybe you’d like to go a little further than donating – woohoo! A super way to do this would be by fostering. From being a short term emergency foster pawrent to something a little more long-term, foster dogs who come into our homes can experience the love and security from us as pack members who care about what happens to them.
- But if donating and fostering aren’t quite enough, here’s where your personal Dog Year could become something really special: maybe this is the time to adopt a new furbabe! So many of these gorgeous doggos need a permanent home! Again, your local charity can definitely help you find your new furever family member.
- If you’ve already got a furkid and there’s no room to add another (maybe not right now at least!), how about getting out and about by going for a walk? If you’re anything like Biggie, walks are your furkid’s thing! Taking in the world at a leisurely pace is a great way to unwind – and give your furry family member a chance to take in the world, one sniff at a time. And not only will your doggo benefit, so will you.
- Let’s not forget those all-important treats! And what better way to do it than with Biggie’s natural dog treats, sourced from local suppliers and containing no nasty additives? There’s a huge range to choose from and no matter which one you pick, your furkid will love them.
- A new toy – and not just any new toy, a Licki Mat! Why not make your dog’s day by giving them one of these mentally-stimulating experiences? They’re amazing and last all year round, too – making every day special for your furbabe.
No matter what you do, Biggie’s Raw Pantry is here to celebrate the special place that doggos have in our families.